Sunday, June 8, 2014

peregrination

A book that I don't use enough is Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus. As I was pondering this first post, I tried to think beyond the ordinary cliché of life: that it is a journey, which it is.  I'm a lover of words; I like unusual-sounding words and little-used words.  Enter said book, which I've had for a number of years. Let's consider the word journey, shall we?

Journey--noun.  trip, expedition, excursion, tour, ,trek, voyage, junket, cruise, ride, drive, jaunt, crossing, passage, flight, travels, wandering, globe-trotting, odyssey, pilgrimage, peregrination.

Life is an excursion/junket/odyssey/jaunt/peregrination.  After seeing those words, journey just seems too mundane.

***


We are here on the earth for only a set amount of time; God knows how long for each person. It's up to us to live our lives the way we want, and what I want for my life and for my family is to serve God the best that I can and share Jesus Christ.

I admit to being somewhat of a chicken; I was thinking today exactly what it is that I am afraid of when I think of giving people the Gospel. I'm not sure. More thought and prayer is needed.

I want this blog to be a place where I can reflect on my life and how God is working in me. For some time I've just been sort of drifting along, and I don't want to do that any more. I want to have a purposeful life. I want to know God's will and follow it.

My peregrination has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment