Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Robin Sings Anyway

Complaining. We all do it, especially about the weather. "It's too cold/hot/rainy/whatever." Like the Israelites   wandering in the desert, we are never happy. Nothing is ever good enough. 

I'm as guilty as the next person. I actually complain about the weather a lot--I don't like to be cold and warm weather has been proving to be elusive this year which is as it always is up hear near Lake Michigan. 

That is wrong. I've asked forgiveness for that and have purposed in my heart not to complain about the weather any more. After all, look what Christ did for me and here I am miffed that it's cold and rainy. Pretty lame and petty and whatever else you want to call it. 

It's easy to fall into the habit of complaining--it starts with the weather and grows from there. It's a habit and a bad one.  

I saw a robin today, hopping around looking for food for its young. Even when the sun doesn't shine, the robin still sings. 

I need to be like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment